INYO COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH BRIEF
A Division of Health & Human Services
Richard O. Johnson, M.D., MPH
Public Health Officer, Inyo County
Monday, January 27, 2014
- Influenza activity continues to be widespread in most states including California, with levels above epidemic thresholds in most categories.
- Hospitals in the Eastern Sierra have not had any further hospitalizations.
- Outpatient visits at Sierra Park Clinics were decreased as of the week ending Saturday Jan 25th, but still above baseline levels.
- Influenza activity is expected to continue for the next several months, although the actual peak is not known at this time.
- Type A H1N1 "2009 swine flu" is still the most common type, with young and middle aged persons being most seriously affected.
- California is now reporting 95 deaths in persons under 65 years of age.
- It is not too late to get vaccinated.
- If you are sick - stay home from school or work!
- Call your healthcare provider if you are concerned, or at high risk for complications.