Perinatal Staff Registered Nurse - Perinatal
The RN renders collaborative nursing care via the defined department Method of Practice, to caseload of patients for an assigned shift in accordance to the medical staff practitioner's treatment plan, nursing standards of care/practice and professional code of ethics. The RN is committed to promoting the health potential of the patient (body-mind-spirit) through the implementation of the nursing process. Demonstrates ability to delegate appropriately and direct staff in the coordination and delivery of care; assumes responsibility for the appropriate utilization of care resources; demonstrates positive interpersonal relationships with others in problem resolution, is sensitive to the needs of patients, families, and fellow employees
1. Graduate of School of Nursing
2. Current California State License as a Registered Nurse required
3. On the job experience necessary as determined by department orientation requirements in order to acquire and effectively utilize knowledge of department specific standards
4. BLS within one month of hire and on-going
5. ACLS within 6 months of hire and on-going
6. NRP within 12 months of hire and on-going
7. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to instruct/comfort patients/families; to maintain effective communication/contact with healthcare team members
8. Analytical skills necessary in order to prioritize workload and prepare nursing care plans, implement effective nursing care and develop solutions to problems concerning patient's body, mind, and spirit
9. Basic computer knowledge including: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Intranet
Full Time-NOC .9 FTE's-W/Benefits.
Interested applicants must submit a letter of interest and NIH Licensed Employment Application and copies of all license and certifications required to the H.R. Dept. Deadline: Open until filled.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Night
Hourly Wage: $34.39 - $51.17 per/hour