• The Emergency Department (ED) Tech/Clerk observes cardiac monitors and notifies RNs or Physician of any dysrhythmia.
• The Department Clerk/Tech performs a variety of unit-based clerical duties to include preparation, maintenance, and processing of patient records and assists in the implementation of Physician orders.
• The Tech/Clerk assists in the care of ED patients performing assigned duties within his/ her competency and capabilities under care of supervision of a Registered Nurse.
• Collaborates with all members of the Health Care Team in the coordination of patient flow in the ED
• High school graduate or GED, including ability to read, write, and comprehend medical terminology.
• Preferred to have experience as a Ward Clerk on a Nursing Unit or experience as an Admission's Clerk with recent experience in the Emergency Department
• Nursing Assistant or EMT experience preferred.
• BLS within two months of hire and on-going
• Good physical and mental health; able to work under pressure, and relate to patients, hospital staff and visitors.
• Successful completion of Dysrhythmia class within 6 months of hire
• Successful completion of EKG competency within 1 month of hire.
• Demonstrate good communication and people skills, good judgment and decision-making skills, positive attitude, flexibility, good problem solving skills, and good verbal enunciation
Please complete a licensed application and return it to the Human Resources dept. Open until filled.
Position Type : Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Shift : Evening
Hourly Wage: $16.16 - $21.11 per/hour