HOUSE SUPERVISOR - Nursing
The House Supervisor is responsible for promoting and managing quality patient care through effective management of the activities supporting patient care during his/ her assigned shift. Significant portion of time is spent in problem solving, collaborating with departments, evaluating effectiveness of care and promoting effective communication. Serves as the lead nurse 24/7 for the flow of patients and coordination of staffing. Contributes to implementation and enforcement of administrative and nursing policies and procedures, performance plans, projects, etc., and takes corrective action as appropriate. In the absence of the Administrator and/or designee, the House Supervisor has the authority and responsibility for administrative decisions and appropriated notification of the Administrator �on-Call, (AOC). The House Supervisor provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. The overall goal of the position is to enhance the quality of patient management, utilization review and discharge planning. The House Supervisor has the accountability for the care, coordination and discharge planning of all patients
1. Current California Registered Nurse license.
2. A bachelor�s Degree in Nursing or hired as House Supervisor prior to April 2014.
3. Graduate of a Nursing Program, BSN or BA required.
4. Basic computer knowledge.
5. Demonstrates interpersonal relationships in a manner which enhances communication, promotes conflict resolution and facilitates staff development.
6. Demonstrates leadership and managerial ability and the application of good interpersonal relationships and principles of supervision and administration.
7. Able to fulfill physical requirements for this position as documented on the attached Physical Requirements form,
8. May be exposed to periods of stress.
Skills and knowledge to sustain and evaluate competence in the care of the age and type of patient population served.
1. Current clinical nursing knowledge and skills. Management experience preferred.
Full-time with Benefits
Interested applicants must submit a letter of interest and NIH Licensed Employment Application with copies of all license and certification to the H.R. Dept. Closing Date: Open Until filled
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Other
Hourly Wage: $44.19 - $64.94 per/hour