The Administrative Assistant (AA) provides ongoing administrative and clerical support to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO, the Directors of Nursing (DON), the Nurse Managers and the District Education Coordinator. Organizational, clerical, technical skills are needed to facilitate efficient functioning and completion of tasks to assist the team. Is expected to collect, input and compile data, including but not limited to labor confidential data intended to be used to make recommendations to the Nursing Leadership about labor policy, at the direction of the CNO, DONs and Nurse Managers. Will be required to take and maintain accurate meeting minutes (including negotiations and/or grievance meeting minutes for the District), phone messages and assist in management of staff and event schedules. Will be actively involved in nursing department scheduling software usage and education for staff. As well as assist Nursing Department employees with computer software related concerns, and provides instruction for use of the specific software as needed. Will function as the expert on the policy & procedure software and take a lead in the maintenance of the system. Functions as a liaison for nursing employees with the Information Technology Department.
• High School education or GED required.
• A minimum of three years in the medical health field or five years of general secretarial experience with medical terminology
• Typing Skills required at minimum 50- 55 words per minute.
• Intermediate/Advance Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point) with ability to learn new applications required.
• Knowledge of general office practices and machinery
• Demonstrate excellent communication and people skills, good judgment and decision-making skills, positive attitude, flexibility, and problem solving skills.
• Associates Degree or higher in Medical, IT or Business related field.
• Ability to seek appropriate computer knowledge and experience.
• Be able to effectively handle stress and changing priorities.
• Hospital Information System specific training/experience.
• Experience with hospital specific clinical systems or hospital specific financial systems.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Knowledge of Performance Improvement activities and chart audit process.
• Experience in a confidential administrative professional position for leaders involved in working with represented personnel.
Exempt Full Time w/ Benefits
Fill out a NIHD application and turn into Human Resources by 1/25/2018 at 3pm
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $23.30 - $33.93 per/hour