Open Accessibility Menu

Event Details

Life and Longevity in the Blue Zones

  • Categories: Healthy Lifestyle Talk

About This Event

  • Event Type:Virtual Event

Join NIHD’s Kalina Gardiner, RDN, as she discusses Life and Longevity in the Blue Zones, Thursday, March 17th, 5:30 p.m., live on YouTube and Zoom.

Few places in the world are called “Blue Zones.” The term refers to geographic areas in which people have low rates of chronic disease and live longer than anywhere else. Studies show only about 10 percent of how long one lives is dictated by genes, the other 90 percent is by lifestyle. Join Kalina as part of National Nutrition Month by exploring the five places dubbed the “Blue Zones,” where people live the longest and healthiest. She will discuss the foods, lifestyles, and mindsets of the Blue Zones to ultimately help increase health and well-being.

Kalina Gardiner, RDN, provides nutritional care for NIHD’s in-patient and out-patient communities. She received her undergraduate degree in Nutritional Sciences from California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, and her supervised practice through University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Kalina believes in a “non-diet” approach, and instead opts for creating sustainable lifestyle habits. She helps guide patients in making healthier, informed decisions about their health and well-being.

This educational presentation is part of NIHD’s ongoing Healthy Lifestyle Talk Series. The talks are open to public and free of charge.

The talk begins at 5:30 p.m. and will be broadcast LIVE on NIHD's YouTube channel. You can access the channel here:

Please note that to participate in the Q&A session on YouTube, you will need to be logged into that service. If you do not have a YouTube or Gmail account, it would be best to log into Zoom.

You can also join on Zoom:

Meeting ID: 966 9303 5092
Passcode: 657688
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,96693035092#,,,,*657688# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,96693035092#,,,,*657688# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
877 853 5257 US Toll-free
888 475 4499 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 966 9303 5092
Passcode: 657688
Find your local number:

  • Price: Free
  • Registration Instructions: No Registration Required